Are you longing for a goodnight’s sleep? When it comes to purchasing a new mattress, timing is key to ensure you get the best sleep and the best deal. In insights below we’ll explore the best time to buy a mattress, providing you with information on when to find exceptional bargains and upgrade your sleep quality.
Best Time of Year to Buy a Mattress
- Holiday Weekends: Many mattress retailers offer significant discounts during holiday weekends such as Memorial Day, Labor Day, and the Fourth of July. These sales events often include promotions on both in-store and online purchases.
- End of the Month: Salespeople at mattress stores often have monthly quotas to meet. As the end of the month approaches, they may be more willing to negotiate on prices to achieve their targets. This is an excellent time to haggle for a better deal.
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday: Just like with TVs, Black Friday and Cyber Monday are fantastic times to buy a mattress. Retailers roll out their best deals during these shopping extravaganzas. Expect to find discounts on a wide range of mattress brands and types.
- New Models Release (Late Spring): Mattress manufacturers typically release
new models in the late spring. As a result, retailers may discount older models to make room for the latest offerings. Take advantage of these clearance sales to score a quality mattress at a lower price.
Here are Tips and Suggestions for Getting the Best Mattress Deals
- Test the Mattress: Before committing to a purchase, spend time testing the mattress in the store. Lie down in your typical sleep position and assess comfort and support. Don’t be shy; take your time to ensure it’s the right fit.
- Check Warranty and Return Policy: Understand the warranty and return policy of the mattress you’re interested in. This will give you peace of mind in case you need to exchange or return it.
- Negotiate the Price: Don’t hesitate to negotiate the price, even in larger retail chains. Salespeople may be able to offer additional discounts or throw in freebies like pillows or a bed frame.
- Read Reviews: Look for reviews online to learn about other customers’ experiences with the mattress you’re considering. This can help you make an informed decision.
- Consider Your Sleep Preferences: Think about your sleep preferences, whether you prefer a firm, medium, or soft mattress. Different types of mattresses, such as memory foam, innerspring, and latex, cater to various sleep needs.
Reasons to Buy a Mattress
- Improved Sleep Quality: A quality mattress can significantly enhance your sleep quality, leading to better rest and overall health.
- Relief from Aches and Pains: If your current mattress is causing discomfort or exacerbating aches and pains, upgrading to a new one can provide relief.
- Longevity: Mattresses have a lifespan of around 7-10 years. If your mattress is nearing the end of its life, it’s time for a replacement.
Things to Consider when Buying a Mattress
- Budget: Determine your budget beforehand. Mattresses vary in price, so having a clear budget will help you narrow down your options.
- Sleeping Position: Consider your typical sleeping position. Side sleepers, back sleepers, and stomach sleepers may require different types of mattresses for optimal comfort and support.
- Size: Choose the right mattress size for your needs. Options typically include Twin, Full, Queen, King, and California King.
- Motion Isolation: If you share your bed, consider a mattress with good motion isolation to minimize disturbances when your partner moves during the night.
The best time to buy a mattress can save you money and improve your sleep quality. Look for holiday weekends, the end of the month, or major sales events like Black Friday. Remember to test the mattress, negotiate the price, and read reviews to make an informed decision. With the right timing and considerations, you can enjoy a better night’s sleep on a quality mattress. Sweet dreams!